Suture anchors are an indispensible presence in recent minimal invasive orthopedic surgeries for tendon and ligament repairs. Statistics have shown that the global market value of suture anchors in 2020 was around 600 million US dollars, and the compound annual growth rate was expected to be nearly 5% from 2021 to 2031. However, potential problems with surrent suture anchors emerged, such as stress shielding effects, release of metal ions or toxicity, inflammation of surrounding tissues, and formation of bone cavities around them. To overcome these problems, we have developed a unique composite material of magnesium-zinc-calcium bulk metallic glass with titanium-zirconium particles. Combining with a \\\\\\'\\\\\\'core-shell\\\\\\'\\\\\\' structure, we have designed a \\\\\\'\\\\\\'biodegradable metallic glass composite suture anchor\\\\\\'\\\\\\'. With its excellent mechanical and biological properties, it is expected to become the mainstream medical product in the market!
Features / strengths
1. The degradation of the anchor releases magnesium and calcium ions, which can increase the migration ability of local bone cells by up to 70% and increase the bone density around the implant by 50%. After the material degrades, it can promote bone cell growth into the degradation gap and solve the problem of bone cavities after the absorption of polymer anchors.
2. With the amorphous structure of metallic glass, the degradation rate of magnesium metal in the body is greatly reduced by 90%, effectively preventing inflammation of the tissue at the implant site.
3. The composite design with added titanium-zirconium metallic particles effectively increases the mechanical strength of this material by six times.
4. The unique \\\\\\'\\\\\\'core-shell\\\\\\'\\\\\\' structure maintains the advantages listed above while greatly increases the stability while manipulate the material.
5. The unique shape we designed can reduce the internal stress of the anchor by 42%, reduce the internal stress of bone tissue by 13%, leading to reduced risk of anchor fracture or extraction.
Specification in detail
For surgical repair of human tendon or ligament injuries
Diameter 4.97mm, Length 14.5mm