Distal Radial fractures is one of the most common fractures, accounting up to 17-20% of fractures admitted to the emergency room. Dorsal metaphysis comminution of the distal radius and articular fracture are indicators of distal radius instability. The most popular surgery for patients with distal radial comminuted fractures is open reduction internal fixation with locking Plate and screws. In the process of performing open internal fixation surgery, we had using designed 3D printing device to assist fracture reduction and internal fixation, especially the distal radial metaphyseal comminuted fragments.
Comparing the results of traditional open fixation surgeries, the use of 3D printing tools with reduction forceps can better restore the inclination of the radial articular surface, the radial height and the consistency of the joint. The printing 3D device made by biocompatible disposable materials can be aseptically prepared at high temperature without deformation, and are almost radiolucent under intraoperative X-ray imaging, which will not affect the observation of fracture reduction under X-ray. The combination of open internal fixation, pelvic clip and self-designed 3D printing tool can provide counter- force, easy to use and without resident’s assistant. Surgery can be performed with minimal invasive incision and achieve perfect reduction and internal fixation of the distal radius fracture.
Features / strengths
1. Minimally invasive surgery: The fracture fragment will be fixed well , the wound does not need to be opened to achieve the purpose of minimally invasive and reduce bleeding.
2. Ergonomic design: X-ray can be seen. It does not affect the reduction of the fracture under X-ray, and this design has a bearing design that can provide 30 degrees of rotation, making it easier to adhere to the surface of the skin
3. The reduction effect is indeed : with the reduction forceps, it provides the reverse force when the fracture is fixed. So that broken bone fragments do not move. Thus achieving a perfect reduction.
4. Patient safety: disposable medical equipment; Can be flattened to the skin, sterile packaging, no crossover
5. Added value: reduce the exposure of surgeons or residents to X-ray radiation.
Specification in detail
Length 60 mm, Width 60 mm, Height 35 mm