1. Provide varisous kinds of epilepsy surgery, including resection surgery, disconnection surgery, radiosurgery and neuromodulation therapy;
2. Provide intraoperative brain mapping
- ✔ Specialty/Disease
- ✔ Service
- ✔ Location
➤ General Surgery
➤ Northern Taiwan
Request an appointment
After multidisciplinary presurgical evaluation and discussion with the patient, we will choose the most appropriate surgery to the patient. In selective patient, we provide intraoperative brain mapping. In addition, we can provide neuromodulation therapy, including vagus nerve stimulation and deep brain stimulation, for the patient who not suitable for resection or disconnection surgery.
We performed more than 1000 epilepsy surgery in adults and children. In temporal lobe epilepsy, we performed more than 400 anterior temporal lobectomy, and more than 50 selective amygdalohippocampectomy. In children, we performed more than 200 callosotomy. Our team had most cases of callosotomy in single-center in Asia. Overall seizure-freedom rate in adult epilepsy surgery is 71%, which is as high as the top epilepsy surgery center in the world. Major complication rate is 1.7% without mortality.
- Pre-OP: multidisciplinary presurgical evaluation
- Intra-OP: intraoperative monitoring
- Post-OP: Regular follow-up, including EEG and Neuropsychological tests
After epilepsy surgery, the patient still have to receive antiepileptic drugs at least 2 years.
(Prices listed below are for reference. Actual cost may be according to the real expense during the hospitalization.)10000-15000 USD
People who like this also like